Some of us get a well earned training break before ramping up for the World's - Imran, Aditya, and I have one more hard weekend ahead (a little event called the "Black Belt Grading") before we can rest. Over the next 2 weeks, I will be trying to heal. I now know what it means to have your "Bell rung" - after one particularly hard hit, I actually heard a bell!
This was my 3rd year at the tryouts and the first time I qualified for an event (if Dirk, his brother and Mike Palliti hadn't all turned 35 this year, I could have qualified for more!). I have to thank Master John, Dirk, Quentin, and James for their excellent instruction and coaching over the years; the members of the extra sparring class for all the practice; and especially Sharon, for putting up with all time (and money) spent on training and tournaments.
Below, Jeff Muir (Dirk's brother) is executing a nice ax kick during Friday night's continuous events (Simon - will you be in Jeff's weight class next year?) and Jean Francois Robiteille is flying high during his winning the musical open form on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment