Hi,
On Sunday May 27st, I attended a Shorinjiryu tournament in St-Jerome, QC.
The tournament was hosted by Shorinjiryu Shindo Budo Kwai.
I competed in Forms, Weapons, and Koshiki (Hard Contact) Sparring.
Below are links to the videos of my performances:
Simon Choisnet -- 35+ Advanced Forms
Simon Choisnet -- 18+ Advanced Weapons
Simon Choisnet -- 35+ Men's Advanced Koshiki -- Semi Finals
Simon Choisnet -- 35+ Men's Advanced Koshiki -- Finals
My Results -- 1st Weapons, 2nd Forms, 2nd Koshiki
I got a lot of positive comments about the BO Kata I did for the competition (Tsurunukute No Kan -- with a special ending). They were "impressed" with the dynamic moves in it. They said that I showed good control of the large staff and kept the speed at better than 3/4s of the tapered staff.
These comments were comming from my peers, the ring judges, and even the high ranking tournament officials (7th and 8th dans)! Imagine if they would see the Katas done by the really good people at our club!!!
They asked me what the name of the kata was as well as where I learnt it. I was proud to tell them that I learnt it at Pro-Style Martial Arts in Kanata, ON.
I would like to thank all the BO Senseis at Pro-Style -- Master John, Sensei Dirk, Sensei Quentin, and Sensei James. I would also like to thank the other great BO competitors at Pro-Style -- Sensei Imran, Sensei Allison, and Norm.
I also ran into a friend of ours: Walter Baric
Sayonara!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Simon,
Congratulations - very nice forms. I like your Koshiki Bassai kata. You should do it at the next few tournaments. The front kicks and cat stance shutos are really nice (and different, not something we do in our katas). You'll have to teach it to me!
Post a Comment