Hi,
On Tuesday May 1st, I attended a fighting tournament at the dojo located inside McGill University in Montreal. I attended this tournament as a member of Shorinjiryu Bubishido Karatedo where I currently am a brown belt. This is the style of karate I was doing before I went to California over 13 years ago. I was brown belt then, I am a brown belt now. :(
The tournament was hosted by Shorinjiryu Kentokukan Karatedo Canada and was a training session for the Canadian Koshiki National Team.
Koshiki is a set of sparring rules that involves wearing headgear and a chest protector, no protection on your hands and feet, and permits sweeps, throws, grabs, etc.
This particular event was what they call a Kuhaku Shiai (Fight until you lose). It is a team event where the winner of a fight stays up to fight the next competitor with 30 seconds in between fights. Fights last 3 minutes.
Here is a link to youtube with a some clips of my fights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujf_iIR4aU
I went 1 and 1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment